LOSTREACH

Did the Ludum Dare game challenge  with two other folks. I was in charge of art, including the player character, monsters, and backgrounds. As well as prompts, title, etc.

The theme this year was minimalism, and so we were planning a survival horror game that used sensory deprivation. But alas, we didn’t get too far. Unfamiliarity with the engine (Unity) and trying to make a 3D engine make a 2D game made it tough. We also had to try to make the actual character animations move several different ways, and only just found a way that works. So it’s been frustrating. But it was a great learning experience. I’m proud of the amount of work I got done (these scenes are only a few of them, and each scene has several variables that can be turned off and on).

There’s interest in seeing this game go further past the game jam. We’ll see!

  1. manchestergamemaker reblogged this from lostreach
  2. fransmuse reblogged this from seiranima and added:
    Oh man definitely keep us updated if you do more on this! Its looking so cooool!
  3. seiranima reblogged this from lostreach and added:
    This looks awesome!!! 8D I really hope you guys get to do more with this, because the ideas sound really promising. And...
  4. lostreach posted this